cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jerome Paul <jerome.p...@ephox.com>
Subject RE: Using docbook chunk.xsl with cocoon
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 03:37:02 GMT
Hi Joerg,
   Currently I have an ant build convert the xml documents and place them in
the correct place of the web server but adding new documents to this list is
time consuming and can only really be done by a couple of people here, as
you have to modify the build file.  Adding new conversion pipelines is even
more awkward.  So I was looking at cocoon to make the job easier, simply
dump new xml documents into a folder, specify the url and away you go.  But
I can only really do this if I can keep the same look and feel of the
documents as when their created using ant.  I'll do some investigation and
see what redirect gives me but I was hoping to use chunk.xsl because it
automates so much of the linking between chapters.  Well if anyone knows an
easy solution let me know in any case I'll start working on my own solution
and post it if I find an acceptable one.

cheers,
Jerome

-----Original Message-----
From: Joerg Heinicke [mailto:joerg.heinicke@gmx.de]
Sent: Tuesday, 28 January 2003 11:59 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using docbook chunk.xsl with cocoon

Hi Jerome,

you are right, XPathTransformer won't fit your requirements.

I use some stylesheets with xalan:redirect extension for debugging
outputs, so there should not be a problem in general. But I don't know
the exact implementation/usage of xalan redirect in DocBook xsl. I can
imagine that no output is created from the transformation itself, but
only to xalan redirect. This means you have no response to send to the
client.

But why using chunk.xsl on the fly? Are these dynamic data? We use it
for online help for example and the chunk.xsl is used at build time, not
at request/run time.

Regards,

Joerg