cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jerome Paul <jerome.p...@ephox.com>
Subject RE: Using docbook chunk.xsl with cocoon
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 01:47:43 GMT
Hi Jeff,
  I'm not sure that XPathTransformer does exactly what I need.  Basically
chunk.xsl breaks an xml file to varying depths (user specified) for my case
it breaks the document into chapters.  When I transform an xml document from
the command line using xalan it puts each chapter into a seperate file and
creates an index for each chapter and at the begining an overall index for
the document.  It also creates next and previous tabs to traverse the
document.  Correct me if I'm wrong but using XPathTransformer I'd have to
convert to a single document and specify a different url filter for each
chapter.  Idealy what I want is a way to get cocoon to convert the xml
document using chunk.xsl without modification but I accept that this
probably isn't possible.  As I'm completly new to cocoon I have no idea if
this is possible any ideas?

cheers
Jerome

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Turner [mailto:jefft@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, 25 January 2003 3:13 PM
To: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
Subject: Re: Using docbook chunk.xsl with cocoon

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 04:45:43PM +1000, Jerome Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>   I'm trying to convert xml documents using
> docbook-xsl-1.58.1\html\chunk.xsl with tomcat 4.0 and cocoon 2.0.4
> windows 2000.  Anyway the conversion takes a while (it's converting a
> decent sized xml document) when the conversion stops Internet explorer
> displays nothing when using the standard html\docbook.xsl it work fine.
> I'm pretty sure that the error is with the chunk.xsl because it's been
> hardcoded to write to the hdd and the way it actually creates many web
> pages instead of a single page.  Has anyone else had this problem?
> what's the solution that other people have used?

Er.. what does chunk.xsl do?  The one on my hdd doesn't seem to write to
disk..

Would I be correct in guessing that chunk.xsl breaks a large Docbook file
into chapters or something?  If so, you could use the XPathTransformer in
Cocoon bugzilla to achieve the same thing.  that's how I generated the
chapter views of a single XML file user manual at:
http://aft.sourceforge.net/manual/

I can post details if that's the problem you're trying to solve.

--Jeff