cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Simmons" <deri...@arcor.de>
Subject Re: Cocoon Job opps in Frankfurt, Germany
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 02:47:26 GMT
Ahhh ... well ... Im a tad more expensive than that. =) I was gettign 80 USD
per hour in colorado before I moved to germany and took a perm job.

-- Robert

----- Original Message -----
From: "Niclas Hedhman" <niclas@hedhman.org>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 3:28 AM
Subject: Re: Cocoon Job opps in Frankfurt, Germany

On Tuesday 28 January 2003 22:32, Jeremy Aston wrote:
> The UK rate has dropped significantly.  You are really looking at something
> like £35-£40 per hour (as opposed to £60-£70 ph in the past couple of
> years. $500ph is v. reasonable.

Not ph, per day....

Well, I live in a low-cost country (Malaysia) which is 50-75% lower cost of
living than northern Europe (Sweden, Germany is my experience) at large. On
top of that, I don't pay much income tax (<5%).
Can really recommend it...

> At the end of the day these angencies never put a rate since they want to
> get as good a person as cheap as possible!

So do I ;o)  A average programmer here would cost me ~USD1000 a month, a top
notch one with special competency would be about twice that.

Niclas