cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Anna Afonchenko" <a...@ubaccess.com>
Subject Refreshing Stylesheet in Cocoon/Tomcat
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 12:30:15 GMT
Hi all!

We have a problem when we are running Cocoon from Tomcat.  We are using the latest stable
versions of both.

The problem arises with refreshing the http request to Cocoon.  From our xsl stylesheet we
call a very simple Java Extension that prints out the date to the command line - or in our
case- to the console that Tomcat is running in.  When we run this from Internet Explorer,
the date will only be displayed (ie the java extension has been called) if that URL has not
been previously supplied to Cocoon.

In the sitemap we can put in anything after the "/cocoon" part of the URL for the XSL to run.
 If we send the URL "/cocoon/one" the first time, the date is printed out.  If we press refresh,
or even if we close down IE and then restart IE AND tomcat and use the same URL then the date
is not printed out.  If we use a different URL such as "/cocoon/two" then the date is printed
out.

What complicates the issue, however, is that it is not an issue of the cache of IE.  We have
also called Cocoon by using an http request from a simple java app.  Even when we quit the
app, and restart it, it is literally hit and miss if the date is printed out again with the
same URL.  Sometimes it is and sometimes not.

We are therefore really confused as to why this happens.  It can't be the cache of IE (it
also happens in Netscape, BTW) and it certainly isn't the cache of Java.  It must be the "cache"
or something similiar in either Tomcat or Cocoon.

Our question is obviously what is the problem, and how do we go about solving it?

Thank you very much for your help

Anna Afonchenko
Spencer Bruce

PS we will be pleased to supply code snippets, but we think that any case as described above
will cause the problem