cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Simmons" <deri...@arcor.de>
Subject Re: proposal: "The Newbies Competence Center"
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 21:28:18 GMT
Id be happy to write up some stuff on connecting to EJB servers now that I
have actually figured out how to do it.

-- Robert

----- Original Message -----
From: "Niclas Hedhman" <niclas@hedhman.org>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 8:02 AM
Subject: Re: proposal: "The Newbies Competence Center"

On Tuesday 28 January 2003 15:00, Derek Hohls wrote:
> The "First Steps" chapter listed below is the one that needs
> some thought and attention.  My feeling is that we need to
> focus on the problems that needs to be solved, rather than
> a lengthy description of what is *possible* with Cocoon.

Good point!

If that is also made from the "background of user" aspect, so that;

"You know XML/XSL and want to publish static content - click here"

"You are a DB developer who wants to expose XML data - click here"

"You are Stefano Mazzocchi and want to - you are in the wrong area"

Base it on use cases and add "1 hour or less" exercises.
I assume that a pre-condition here is a "suitable" distro to start from.

Niclas