cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Christoph Gaffga" <cgaf...@triplemind.com>
Subject Re: xinclude performance issues,
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:38:22 GMT
Hi,

We had the same Problem, instead of aggregating all files from a directory
we had to aggregate all files/components from a list in our DB.
The only solution we found, that would make sence in terms of perfomance,
was to write our own Aggregator. You could simply extend Cocoon Default
Aggregator to do so.

If you are interested in our code, I can send it to you, but, as I said, it
doesn't aggregate a directory, but it's a good piece of code to start with.

Christoph Gaffga
cgaffga@triplemind.com



----- Original Message -----
From: "icewind" <icewind0@yahoo.com>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 12:11 AM
Subject: xinclude performance issues,


> Let me describe what I am doing:
>
> I have a directory that contains .xml files. In my
> sitemap, I have a pipeline that starts with a
> DirectoryGenerator on this directory. I then have a
> transformation that takes the directorygenerator's
> output and puts some xi:include tags with xpointers to
> some tags in the xml files I am interested in. I then
> run the xinclude transformation and serialize to html.
> This is exactly what is described in this email to the
> list (i was involved in that original email):
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=102617106411067&w=2
>
> There is a link to this email in the Cocoon XSLT FAQ
> question titled: "What's "wrong" with use of the
> document() function in Cocoon?"
>
> So, I'm using that method, and it works. The result is
> that I get an html page with the tags I pulled out
> with xinclude for each xml file. It works, but the
> performance is pretty terrible. I have approximately
> 30 xml files in the said directory, and the size that
> most of the files is around 30K. (there are a couple
> that are around 200K) I am pulling out 4 tags with
> xinclude. I have Cocoon version 2.0.3 and its running
> with tomcat on a dual 1ghz processor server with 1gb
> ram and raid disks.
>
> The time for the pipeline to execute is just under 14
> seconds, which is too long. (i measured using a
> stopwatch from the time I requested the page until the
> time i could see it).
>
> So, I have the usual questions:
>
> 1) If anyone else is using a similar setup, do you
> have similar issues?
>
> 2) What can I do to improve performance?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> __________________________________________________
> Do you Yahoo!?
> Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
> http://mailplus.yahoo.com
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Please check that your question  has not already been answered in the
> FAQ before posting.     <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faq/index.html>
>
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:     <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail:   <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please check that your question  has not already been answered in the
FAQ before posting.     <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faq/index.html>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:     <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail:   <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message