cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Faisal Khan" <fai...@edevtec.com>
Subject loading oracle driver in cocoon
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 13:21:21 GMT
Hi,

I am using cocoon 2.0.4 with Websphere 4.0 Oracle 8.1.7.
I have carried out all the right steps for accessing database from cocoon..i.e.
  a.. I have placed the classes12.jar (converted from zip) in the lib folder of websphere.

  b.. I have added the driver in the cocoon web.xml file
  <init-param>
      <param-name>load-class</param-name>
      <param-value>
        <!-- For IBM WebSphere:       -->
        com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler
        <!-- For Database Driver: -->
        org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
  <!-- JDBC Driver: -->
  sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
  <!-- Oracle Driver: -->
  oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
        <!-- For parent ComponentManager sample:
        org.apache.cocoon.samples.parentcm.Configurator
        -->
      </param-value>
    </init-param>
  a.. Have added my datasource in the cocoon.xconf file:
  <jdbc name="tips">
      <pool-controller max="10" min="1"/>

      <dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@aw2000:1521:usa</dburl>

      <user>tips</user>

      <password>tips</password>

  </jdbc>

  a.. and Finally using the connection with esql tags:
<esql:connection>

<esql:pool>tips</esql:pool>

<esql:execute-query>

<esql:query>select * from TIPS</esql:query>

  <esql:results>

    <esql:row-results>

      <esql:get-string column="TICKER_TITLE"/>

    </esql:row-results>

  </esql:results>

  <esql:no-results>

    no-results

  </esql:no-results>

  <esql:error-results>

    <esql:get-message/>

  </esql:error-results>

</esql:execute-query>

But i keepgetting this error all the time:

      An error occurred
     Exception in ServerPagesGenerator.generate()
      details
      from
      source org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException
      description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in ServerPagesGenerator.generate():
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading driver: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
      extra info
     Original exception : java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading driver: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

any help will be greatly appreciated,

faisal