cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Boris Althaus" <bo...@petra-productions.de>
Subject Re: Xindice in Cocoon
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:46:00 GMT
Hallo Leona,

you could try to use eXist, which is based on Xindice and has a logicsheet für inserting
and retrieving xml-documents and there is a quit good documentation, how to integrate into
cocoon.

Boris
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: leona s
  To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 3:03 AM
  Subject: Xindice in Cocoon

  Hi All,

  I have a Cocoon application using several XML files that
  I would like to put into Xindice. I asked on the XSL list about
  calling Xindice directly from XSL statements, but that doesn't
  appear to be possible.

  I know that people have made Cocoon and Xindice work
  together, but all the examples I have seen (cocooncenter,org,
  cocoonwiki) may be using older versions of Cocoon, because the
  changes to the sitemap don't reflect the version of the sitemap I have.
  I am using C 2.0.4/Tomcat 4.1.12/JDK 1.3.1/WinXP Pro.

  As a simple example, I have:

        <map:match pattern="gs">
          <map:generate src="gs.xml"/>
          <map:transform src="gs.xsl"/>
          <map:transform src="html.xsl"/>
          <map:serialize type="html"/>
        </map:match>

  gs.xml contains some basic application XML, such as "page"s and "menu"s.
  gs.xsl contains the "business rules" of the application, that cause
  different
     data to be displayed, depending on the current user, current page, etc.
  There
    also may be other transforms following this one.
  html.xsl transforms the XML data into HTML for output.

  Currently, I read in my XML data in gs.xsl using the XSL document()
  function, and
  would like to be reading from Xindice instead.
  Can anyone tell me how to call Xindice from this pipeline? I would like to
  do something
  like get "/db/project/project1001" and set it to a parameter to be passed
  into gs.xsl.

  Thanks very much for any help.
  Leona Slepetis