cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Sexton <jsex...@odshp.com>
Subject Re: Confused about xsl:include
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 18:28:10 GMT

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Yves Vindevogel wrote:
> Not 100% sure, but in my (humble) opinion, you can only call included
> templates and no longer use apply.
>
> Instead of <apply-template> you will need
>
> <xsl:for-each ...>
> 	<xsl:call-template select="mytemplate">
> 		<xsl:with-param name="myparamtopass" value="."/>
> 	</xsl:call-template>
> </xsl:for-each>
>
> in the included file:
> <xsl:template name="mytemplate">
> 	<xsl:param name="myparamtopass">
> </xsl:template>

I have no <apply-template> nor parameters.  All I'm doing is taking the
documentation at face value in assuming that an xsl:include does a simple
insert of another file in place.  Is that not the case?

I literally cut and paste a templete into a tiny file, and include it, but
the template does not get applied.