cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Linjun Xu ! <xul0...@unf.edu>
Subject Cocoon Action Problem
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 06:42:44 GMT
I am having problems with the hello world example in the cocoon
documentation action section.
It's giving me an ConfigurationException.
The exception is shown below:

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error in
sitemap configuration :
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.Uiui.sitemap_xmap.configure(sitemap_xmap.java:176)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.GeneratorSelector.addGenerator(GeneratorSelector.java:135)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.addCompiledComponent(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:345)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.generateResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:323)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.createResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:271)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:188)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:208)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
	at org.apache.cocoon.util.ClassUtils.loadClass(ClassUtils.java:46)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.AbstractSitemap.load_component(AbstractSitemap.java:219)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.Uiui.sitemap_xmap$Configurer.configActions(sitemap_xmap.java:232)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.Uiui.sitemap_xmap.configure(sitemap_xmap.java:160)

I think it is caused by the following tag in my sitemap.xmap
  <map:actions>
    <map:action name="hello-world" class="test.HelloWorldAction"/>
  </map:actions>

I guess it is unable to find the class test.HelloWorldAction. But
I already put the test/HelloWorldAction.class inside the
web-inf/classes directory. I also tried other directories, but all
generate the same error messages.

Does anyone have an idea what is wrong ? Do I need to do some extra
configuration for using action?  My cocoon configuration works for
generating HTML from xml files.

Thanks a lot.