cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Johannes.Bec...@o2.com
Subject Re: still stuck with esql connection pool
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 06:05:28 GMT

Hi,

I had the same problem, till I read this thread
(http://www.mail-archive.com/avalon-users@jakarta.apache.org/msg00101.html).
 I use JDK 1.41. I compiled Cocoon under 1.41 and now it works fine. I read
that this wass a bug in Cocoon. I hope I could help.

Jonny

This electronic message contains information from the mmo2 plc Group which
may be
privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use
of the
individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient
be aware
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information
is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error,
please notify
us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.

|---------+---------------------------------------->
|         |           Nils Leßmann                 |
|         |           <nils.lessmann@students.uni-m|
|         |           annheim.de>                  |
|         |                                        |
|         |           12/19/02 06:15 PM            |
|         |           Please respond to            |
|         |           cocoon-users                 |
|         |                                        |
|---------+---------------------------------------->

  |       To:       <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
                                             |
  |       cc:
                                       |
  |       Subject:  still stuck with esql connection pool

Hi!

Sorry to bother you again, but I still can't get that esql-connection to
work, I've tried three different databases up to now...

Whenever I use <esql:pool> I get the following exception:

Could not get the datasource
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.NoValidConnectionException: No valid
JdbcConnection class available

Using <esql:dburl> etc. works just fine. I can see in the database monitor
that cocoon _has_ established the connection to the database using the
parameters I set up in cocoon.xconf.

Is there a way to get some more information in order to hunt down what I'm
doing wrong? Something like a list of connections cocoon has set up, some
status info or whatever.

Thankful for any hints,

  Nils