cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Johannes.Bec...@o2.com
Subject Re: Sessions and <xsp:logic>
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:04:10 GMT

Unfortuneatly I don't know anything about( container based
authentication). I tried cocoon authentification, but it didn't work.
I pretty new to web-based stuff and cocoon.

regards,
Jonny

This electronic message contains information from the mmo2 plc Group which
may be
privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use
of the
individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient
be aware
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information
is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error,
please notify
us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.

|         |           SAXESS - Hussayn |
|         |           Dabbous          |
|         |           <dabbous@saxess.c|
|         |           om>              |
|         |           12/20/02 09:56 AM|
|         |           cocoon-users     |

Johannes.Becker@o2.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm checking in the <xsp:logic> part if a <xsp-session is valid. If yes
> load this, else load that. Is there a way to do some kind of that.
> I'm trying to restrict a page. Or is there a other approach.

If you only want to restrict a page, why not simply setting up
an authentication framework? I did it with container based
authentication, but never tried with cocoon-authentication.

If you want to differently on different restricted pages, my approach
does not work well. Maybe this can be done much better with
cocoon authentication.

By the way, does it make sense to split this task as follows:

use the container for authentication
use cocoon for authorisation

By this i could build up very sophisticated authorisation
schemes while letting the container bother with the login...

If this makes sense i would be interested how this could be
set up.

regards, hussayn