cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Horgan" ...@markhorgan.com>
Subject Getting XSP pages from an XML database
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:57:52 GMT
I'm trying to make a CMS and I'm looking into keeping everything in an XML
database but I can't seem to get XSP pages directly from the database.

Is there a way to store XSPs in the database and have cocoon generate class
files so the process is resonably fast? The XML pseudo-protocol works for
the file generator but not server-pages. Does that mean that there is a
different set of sources that work for each generator?

>From the sitemap:

The following doesn't work:
<map:generate type="serverpages" src="xmldb:xindice:///db/test/simple"/>

Though this does work:
<map:generate type="file" src="xmldb:xindice:///db/test/simple"/>

The following does work but it doesn't seem to create a class file and is
quite slow every time.

<map:match pattern="learning-db">
	<map:generate type="file" src="xmldb:xindice:///db/test/simple"/>
      <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>
<map:match pattern="learning">
	<map:generate type="serverpages" src="cocoon:/learning-db"/>
	<map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

(Using Cocoon 2.1-dev)