cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Chris Faulkner <christopher.faulk...@ntlworld.com>
Subject SVG - java socket exception
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 12:38:42 GMT
Hello

I am getting on OK with Cocoon. I like it very much. I am using some JSP code as a generator.
This creates some XML data which I apply xsl to transform to SVG. This is then serialised
with
svgxml and returned to the client. It all works fine. Except that, looking at my logs, very
often, the first execution of the JSP returns this to stdout/stderr.

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.net.SocketException: Connection aborted by peer
: socket write error
        at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java
:3231)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

I can see in the logs that Cocoon automatically seems to fire the same JSP again. It then
works on the next shot, I get my SVG displayed in my SVG viewing app and it is just fine.
This is
obviously slowing things up though.

Any ideas - I am using Cocoon 2.0.3 on Tomcat 4.0.1, JDK 1.3.1_06 on W2K.

Thanks

Chris