cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sternath Elmar <elmar.stern...@siemens.com>
Subject AW: problem in writing Actions
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:34:13 GMT
Hi Anna,

the .java file has to be compiled into a class file. Cocoon then accesses the class file to
execute the desired functionality. For compilation, you need an appropriate tool, for instance
ant. I would recommend to get familiar with ant. Ant provides functionality to compile .java
files into .class files, pack them into .jar libraries and deploy them into the target directory
of cocoon.

Regards,
Elmar
-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Anna Afonchenko [mailto:anna@ubaccess.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 18. Dezember 2002 11:22
An: cocoon-users
Betreff: problem in writing Actions

Hi all.
I am exploring the action possibilities in Cocoon now, and I wanted to test some actions.
I took sample action class RandomAction.java (from book "Cocoon:Building XML Applications"
by Langham & Ziegeler), changed the package name to ub, and copied this file into ub directory
under cocoon directory. Then I declared it in a sitemap by adding
<map:action name="random" src="ub.RandomAction"/>

When I try to use it (even if I just call http://localhost:8080/cocoon/ <http://localhost:8080/cocoon/>
 and not the pattern match for this action), I get an error from Cocoon:

type fatal

message Error in sitemap configuration : ub.RandomAction

description org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error in sitemap
configuration : ub.RandomAction

source Cocoon servlet

request-uri

/cocoon/

I tried to move the RandomAction.java to the cocoon directory, it doesn't help.

What should I do and where should I put my own Action class in order to use it in the sitemap?

Thank you very much for help.

Anna