cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kavita Bansal <Kavita.Ban...@intiqua.com>
Subject How to generate multiple portal pages using Cocoon
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:45:14 GMT
Hi

I am working with cocoon version 2.0.4 on tomcat 3.3 and jdk 1.3.
I am refering the sunshine portal example for making a website.

The sunspotdemoportal example ,which is included in this cocoon version ,
displays a portal page
to the user after he user logs in. This portal page shows 4-5 portlets in
it.

For managing this, cocoon refers to the generator class "sunSpot". This
generator class
will read the user profile (containing which all portlets user want see in
his portal page ) of the user who has logged in , and the portlet profile (
which contains the uri of all the portlets in the system )
Using these profiles the sunSpot generator generates one xml out of it which
is then displayed using a XSL transformer and serializer in the pipeline.

In my requirement, if my website has 10 pages in it, then all the 10 pages
have different portlets in them.
I cannot use the same sunSpot generator because, it reads for all the
porlets from pipeline and displays them on one page.
I want the portlets to be displayed selectively on different pages . How can
I control that using existing cocoon components.

Please help.... !!!

regards
Kavita

            INTIQUA International
    Intelligent Solutions, Quality Execution

Note: The information and data contained in this message (and attachments)
may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure to any
party or parties apart from the intended recipient. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer.