cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vermeulen, Francis" <Francis.Vermeu...@atosorigin.com>
Subject RE: Using input modules
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:23:10 GMT
Hi Christian,

thanks for your response. I'm currently using the 2.0.3 version, which
probably explains why it doesn't work. the version of
AbstractSitemap.substitute in 2.0.3 does not take care of the ":" operator.
I'll retry this with a later version as you suggest.

Regards,
Francis

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Haul [mailto:haul@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de]
Sent: woensdag 18 december 2002 10:18
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using input modules

On 18.Dec.2002 -- 10:00 AM, Vermeulen, Francis wrote:
> can anyone tell me how to make a sitemap recognize the use of an input
> module? I followed the documentation about using modules literally, but
the
> sitemap generator does not seem to recognize the syntax. Here is the
> fragment of my sitemap:

Unfortunately, you don't tell us which version you are
using. InputModules are available only in 2.0.4 and 2.1.

> <map:resources>
>  	<map:resource name="controller">
>
> 		<map:generate type="serverpages"
> src="docs/templates/controller.xsp">
> 			<map:parameter name="event" value="action" />
> 		</map:generate>
> 		<map:transform type="cinclude"/>
> 		<map:transform src="stylesheets/{attribute:style}.xsl" />

Please check that your cocoon.xconf provides a module names
"attribute". Some have been renamed, request attributes are now
available through "request-attr". If the docs say different, could you
send a patch, please?

> 		<map:serialize type="html" />
>
> 	</map:resource>
>  </map:resources>
>
> The idea is to use a request attribute ("style") - set before the pipeline
> is processed - to define the stylesheet to be used. However, the generated
> sitemap Java code still handles the "{attribute:style}" as a regular
> substitution by calling "substitute(list, "{attribute:style}")" while I
> would have expected a call to the corresponding input module.

This is handled inside the substitute method.

> It's also not clear from the doc when the sitemap expects an input module,
> e.g. when is "attribute" recognized as an input module and when as an
output
> module?

The sitemap only handles InputModules. OutputModules are used
currently in some actions and transformers.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de