cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vermeulen, Francis" <Francis.Vermeu...@atosorigin.com>
Subject Cocoon not compatible with latest Avalon/Excalibur version?
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 16:25:08 GMT
Hi folks,

we are trying to invoke an application framework from within Cocoon by means
of a custom transformer. This framework itself uses Avalon/Excalibur
components through a separate component and role manager, instantiated from
within the framework. The framework is developed using the version 4.1.2 of
Avalon and 4.1 of Excalibur and works fine in "stand-alone"mode when invoked
from our own servlet. However when invoked from the custom transformer in
Cocoon version 2.0.3, the Avalon/Excalibur part doesn't work because we are
then using the version supplied with Cocoon as libraries. So to me it looks
as if Cocoon comes bundled with its own version of Avalon/Excalibur that is
not compatible with the latest release of these. Can anyone confirm this and
if so, point us in the direction of a solution. Can we use the Cocoon
configuration to define our own components and roles? Thanks in advance for
the help.

Regards,
Francis

Ing. FRA Vermeulen