cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Bordet, Simone" <Simone.Bor...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Calling resources from mounted sitemaps
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:19:35 GMT
Hi,

> Did you try the cocoon pseudo-protocol?  <map:call
> resource="cocoon://stdout"> for the root sitemap,
> cocoon:/stdout for one in the same sitemap.

Tried, no luck.
I've tried also to setup a local resource that calls the resource in the root sitemap, again
no luck.

It seems to me that resources referenced by a sub sitemap can only be local to the sub sitemap,
and resources in the root sitemap cannot be referenced in any way, as I always get a:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Sitemap: resource 'stdout' not found: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.D_.Catalina.webapps.cocoon.simon.simon_xmap.resource_stdout(org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.StreamPipeline,
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.EventPipeline, java.util.List, org.apache.cocoon.environment.Environment,
java.lang.String, boolean)

It seems to me that the method is always looked up locally to the sub sitemap.

It seems strange to me that resources, that are pipelines "factored out" for reuse, cannot
be called from a sub sitemap, I must miss something very obvious.

Anyone knows how to solve this problem ?

Thanks

Simon