cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Complicated setup
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 12:52:02 GMT

On Thursday, Dec 5, 2002, at 12:05 Europe/London, Andrew Savory wrote:

>>> no, this doesn't work. seems to be psedocode, hard to implement :-/
>>> with the limited jk mount directives
>>
>> Thanks for the confirmation!
>
> Yup, sorry, pseudocode. I've had my head deep in the O'Reilly Mastering
> Regular Expressions book trying to find a way to implement it, with no
> luck so far :-/

Yeah, I reckon it does not use real regexp.

>> It is all a rather disappointing mess IMHO!!
>
> +1
>
>> WHY it is not possible to have a nice ordered list of URL handlers in
>> Apache like you can in Cocoon is beyond me ;)
>
> Perhaps we should petition the httpd developers ;-)

Ugh!

I am trying to decide now whether to just leave Apache out of the
equation altogether and either use readers in Cocoon to serve the
static HTML, or use TomCat or Jetty directly.

The Apache -> mod_jk -> TomCat/Jetty setup, is just not designed with
Servlets that serve '/' or '/*' in mind, specially if you also want to
serve other stuff directly from Apache.

Furthermore, none of the tricks they talk about in the dox for mod_jk
for serving static material out of the webapp via Apache even remotely
work!

It is a major PIA IMHO!

Anyway, thanks for your help.

regards Jeremy