cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ray Tayek <rta...@attbi.com>
Subject Re: newbie trying samples from: "Cocoon: Building XML Apps..."
Date Sat, 21 Dec 2002 20:20:31 GMT
At 11:28 AM 12/21/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Ray -
>
>I hope your other book is mine & Jeremy's - Cocoon Developer's Handbook ;)

no, but yours (and another are on the way from amazon). thanks to all of
you who wrote these, they make learning new stuff like cocoon *much* easier.

>The easiest configuration I've found is Tomcat 4.0.5 or greater, with JDK
>1.3.x. I have been able to drop Cocoon 2.0.3/2.0.4 into Tomcat
>4.0.5/4.0.6/4.1.12 without any problems. Just note that if you build 2.0.4
>yourself, be sure in include the scratchpad libs.

ok, will give it a try.

thanks

>Ray Tayek wrote:
>>hi, newbie here trying to run the samples from the above book on linux.
>>dropped the war in to tomcat 4.0.1. with jdk1.4.1 and things went
>>downhill fast.
>>finaly gave up and installed 1.3.1_03 and the tomcat off the book's cd.
>>(3.3.? final or something like that). (that's what the book says to do).
>>has anyone made the sample work? if so, what versions of jdk and tomcat
>>were you using?
>>what versions of tomcat, jdk and jdkee would you recommend in general? (i
>>have  another cocoon book coming or i can roll my own samples or use the
>>one that come with the download?.
>>what is the easiest path to get started? ...

---
ray tayek http://home.attbi.com/~rtayek/ actively seeking mentoring or
telecommuting work
vice chair orange county java users group http://www.ocjug.org/