cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Fred Vos <fred....@planet.nl>
Subject Url to virtual host - rewrite rule
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:57:46 GMT
Hello,

I've installed Apache 1.3.26, Tomcat 4.0.4 and cocoon 2.0.4 under Linux.
Everything is working fine. If I go to http://localhost:8080 I see the
Tomcat welcome page. I also have configured mod_jk successfully as you
can see below.

Now I want to get cocoon working for a webserver with two sites running:
www.cdls-nl.org and www.mokolo.com. Some time ago I created two virtual
hosts, both serving static html-pages and all worked fine. I want the
mokolo.com site to be the first one to work under cocoon. I've searched
the archive of this list for hints and this helped

This is what I've done so far. I created a subdirectory named 'mokolo'
in the /opt/jakarta/tomcat/webapps/cocoon directory. In the sitemap.xmap
in the cocoon directory, I created a reference to a subsitemap like this:

   <map:match pattern="mokolo/*">
    <map:mount uri-prefix="mokolo/" check-reload="yes"
src="mokolo/sitemap.xmap" reload-method="synchron"/>
   </map:match>

In the mokolo subdirectory I created the subsitemap and files, so it
could display the text 'Site under construction...' if the file
index.html is requested. This is the only page it can serve.

Now I want to configure the virtual server for www.mokolo.com. Here's
the entry in httpd.conf that I have now:

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName www.mokolo.com
DocumentRoot /opt/jakarta/tomcat/webapps/cocoon
JkMount /* ajp13
ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/mokolo.com/error_log
CustomLog /var/log/httpd/mokolo.com/access_log common
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule mokolo/(.*) /cocoon/mokolo/$1 [PT]
</VirtualHost>

If I restart the servers and point my browser to
http://www.mokolo.com/index.html, I get the Tomcat welcome page. If I go
to http://www.mokolo.com/cocoon I get the cocoon welcome page. If I go
to http://www.mokolo.com/cocoon/mokolo/index.html I get my 'Site under
construction....' page. Thanks to the rewrite rule I can see my 'Site
under construction ...' page too if I go to
http://www.mokolo.com/mokolo/index.html.

I've played with almost every possible entry and the rewrite rules but
with no success. How can I get my 'Site under construction...' page when
pointing the browser to http://www.mokolo.com/index.html?

Thanks for your help,

Fred