cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Bug in JTidy?
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2002 13:39:20 GMT
Anna,

> Anyway, I will post the bug report on JTidy SourceForge.
> Thank you very much for your help.

I would not assume that this is a bug. It may well be on purpose.

The purpose of JTidy, based upon Tidy, is to create valid XHTML from an HTML
document. Therefore, if the source document is invalid, it will do its best to correct it,
but
success cannot be guaranteed, especially if someone does things in their HTML that are
not strictly allowed (which no doubt includes a lot of sites).

See http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/
for details of the original Tidy program.

So, if you plan to use the HTML Generator, you'll just have to find a way to work with
this.

Regards, Upayavira