cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PHP status?
Date Sun, 22 Dec 2002 23:32:35 GMT

Alex McLintock wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm reasonably familiar with Cocoon but just learning PHP since it seems
> to be the fastest way to do lots of web applications.
> (See http://phpmyedit.sourceforge.net/  and
> http://www.platon.sk/projects/phpMyEdit/  for pne of the php tools I am
> interested in ).
>
> Now I hear about this PHP Generator thing but I don't really understand
> how it fits in.
>
> Can someone either point me at a good explanation, or documentation,
> including which release of Cocoon it is in?

It's in all the Cocoon2 releases probably, but it's not being tested
AFAIK and we're gonna move it to scratchpad if nobody tests it and
reports if and how it works.

Look in the Cocoon sources,
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/xml-cocoon2/src/blocks/php/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/PhpGenerator.java?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

"
  * Allows PHP to be used as a generator.  Builds upon the PHP servlet
  * functionallity - overrides the output method in order to pipe the
  * results into SAX events.
"

Looking at the code, it takes the Request, calls a PhPServlet, and
injects the PHPServlet result into Cocoon as a Sax Stream.

Let me know if you are able to make it work, and don't hesitate to ask
questions if you are stuck.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -