cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Using the Cocoon pipeline outside web apps
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:23:59 GMT
Olivier,

What you are asking for is currently 'kind of' provided by the command line interface.

However, when I have made enquiries about this to the various Cocoon lists, it has been
suggested that someone could develop a 'Cocoon Bean'. This would be a programmatic
interface to Cocoon, allowing you to either:

1) Request a single URI, passing an output stream to receive the result
2) Request a batch of URIs, spidering if necessary, and write them to a specified
directory.

If all goes to plan, I would like to see if I can implement this over the Christmas period.

But I'm new to the Cocoon internals, so I don't know how successful I'll be.

Regards, Upayavira