cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Perl in cocoon
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 13:26:41 GMT
Hello Sorin,

I don't know anything about Perl in Cocoon and I don't think it's possible.
There is another project called Axkit, which uses Perl and is similar to Cocoon.
But you don't need Perl for your task. In Cocoon a DirectoryGenerator
exists, which gives you an XML representation of the files contained in the
directory. Now you only need a simple stylesheet, which combines the XML
files via document(), or creates XML for CInclude/XInclude. The already
propagated Sitemap Aggregation seems to be to static for your task. But the
other solution is really simple too. If you need further help, you can ask
of course.

Regards,

Joerg

Sorin Marti wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In my directory (webapps/cocoon/mount/energie/) i've got a number of
> XML-Files which which I want to put together. I have a perl script which
> does that for me.
>
> So my question is: Is it possible to run this perl script? The whole
> thing should look like that:
>
> XML-File 1
> ---------
> <!DOCTYPE energieverbrauch SYSTEM "enrep.dtd" >
> <energieverbrauch jahr='1980'>
> <energietraeger>
> <bezeichnung>Erdölprodukte</bezeichnung>
> <wert>488300</wert>
> </energietraeger>
> [...]
> <energietraeger>
> <bezeichnung>Müll und Industrieadfälle</bezeichnung>
> <wert>3700</wert>
> </energietraeger>
> </energieverbrauch>
>
> XML-File 2,3,4
> ------------
> Have the same structure as number one...
>
> Should become: combined.XML
>
> So when I request for "combined.html" it should run the perl-script (put
> the files together, create combinded.xml) then compile (with
> "energiebericht2html.xsl") and display combined.html
>
> is this possible?
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice
>
> Sorin Marti

System Development