cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Lenz, Evan" <le...@seattleu.edu>
Subject Cocoon/tomcat memory usage
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 14:14:09 GMT
I'm trying to further utilize the memory resources of our Linux server for
Cocoon by increasing the StoreJanitor heapsize and Java -Xmx parameters. My
current settings are as follows:

In tomcat4.conf:
     JAVACMD="$JAVA_HOME/bin/java -Xmx360m"

In cocoon.xconf (inside the store-janitor element):
     <parameter name="freememory" value="20000000"/>
     <parameter name="heapsize" value="336000000"/>

Performance has visibly improved as a result. However, actual memory usage
(per top output) seems to peak at 111-112M, no matter what I throw at the
server.

How do I make the JVM and Tomcat/Cocoon utilize more of my machine's memory
(thereby further improving performance hopefully)?

Thanks,
Evan Lenz