cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Using input modules
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:18:00 GMT
On 18.Dec.2002 -- 10:00 AM, Vermeulen, Francis wrote:
> can anyone tell me how to make a sitemap recognize the use of an input
> module? I followed the documentation about using modules literally, but the
> sitemap generator does not seem to recognize the syntax. Here is the
> fragment of my sitemap:

Unfortunately, you don't tell us which version you are
using. InputModules are available only in 2.0.4 and 2.1.

> <map:resources>
>  	<map:resource name="controller">
>
> 		<map:generate type="serverpages"
> src="docs/templates/controller.xsp">
> 			<map:parameter name="event" value="action" />
> 		</map:generate>
> 		<map:transform type="cinclude"/>
> 		<map:transform src="stylesheets/{attribute:style}.xsl" />

Please check that your cocoon.xconf provides a module names
"attribute". Some have been renamed, request attributes are now
available through "request-attr". If the docs say different, could you
send a patch, please?

> 		<map:serialize type="html" />
>
> 	</map:resource>
>  </map:resources>
>
> The idea is to use a request attribute ("style") - set before the pipeline
> is processed - to define the stylesheet to be used. However, the generated
> sitemap Java code still handles the "{attribute:style}" as a regular
> substitution by calling "substitute(list, "{attribute:style}")" while I
> would have expected a call to the corresponding input module.

This is handled inside the substitute method.

> It's also not clear from the doc when the sitemap expects an input module,
> e.g. when is "attribute" recognized as an input module and when as an output
> module?

The sitemap only handles InputModules. OutputModules are used
currently in some actions and transformers.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de