cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Using own application components in Cocoon
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 10:33:02 GMT
On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 09:12, Vermeulen, Francis wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> cab anyone tell me what the recommended way is to add Avalon/Excalibur
> components to the Cocoon configuration? I guessed it is by adding
> <component> entries in cocoon.xconf, but this is nowhere explicitely
> mentioned in the developers docs.

That's the way to go indeed.

>  Related to this: does Cocoon use an
> Excalibur role manager so that roles and components can be defined
> independently?

Yes (the default excalibur role manager)

>  Can <role> entries be added to cocoon.xconf?

You need to create your own roles file, and refer to it using the
user-roles attribute on the cocoon element (the root element of the
cocoon.xconf file). This is also mentioned in the faq item at
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faq/faq-configure-c2.html

The use of a roles file optional though, you can also use the generic
component declaration syntax.

bruno@outerthought.org