cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Martin Holz <h...@fiz-chemie.de>
Subject Re: Configuring JTidy
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:45:57 GMT
"Anna Afonchenko" <anna@ubaccess.com> writes:

> OK, thank you, I now understand how to set a doctype.
> But what about other settings, like converting quotes to entities.
> Not that I need it so much, but I am just curious, why this doesn't work
> through
> jtidy-config. I just want to know if that's me doing something wrong, or
> maybe this is some JTidy/Cocoon bug?

Don't know. You may put a LogTransformer between the generator and
the serializer to see, what the HTMLGenerator is really
producing. I think, you must extend a serializer to replace
certain unicode characters with entities, since a transformer could
forward the entities only, if it implements LexicalHandler, which is
optional.

There was some talk about a TidySerializer at the dev list:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/10062

Martin