cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Anna Afonchenko" <a...@ubaccess.com>
Subject problem in writing Actions
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:22:04 GMT
Hi all.
I am exploring the action possibilities in Cocoon now, and I wanted to test some actions.
I took sample action class RandomAction.java (from book "Cocoon:Building XML Applications"
by Langham & Ziegeler), changed the package name to ub, and copied this file into ub directory
under cocoon directory. Then I declared it in a sitemap by adding
<map:action name="random" src="ub.RandomAction"/>

When I try to use it (even if I just call http://localhost:8080/cocoon/ and not the pattern
match for this action), I get an error from Cocoon:
type fatal

message Error in sitemap configuration : ub.RandomAction

description org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Error in sitemap
configuration : ub.RandomAction

source Cocoon servlet

request-uri

/cocoon/

I tried to move the RandomAction.java to the cocoon directory, it doesn't help.

What should I do and where should I put my own Action class in order to use it in the sitemap?

Thank you very much for help.

Anna