cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Anna Afonchenko" <a...@ubaccess.com>
Subject Re: Configuring JTidy
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:28:26 GMT
Hi Martin. Thanks for answering.
The whole point of me using jtidy configuration options is because I want to
affect the input file transferred to the xsl stylesheet, not to layout the
output.
So modifying serializer won't help me.
I need to "modify" the generator.

But anyway thank you very much for answering my questions

Anna

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Holz" <holz@fiz-chemie.de>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 2:45 PM
Subject: Re: Configuring JTidy

"Anna Afonchenko" <anna@ubaccess.com> writes:

> OK, thank you, I now understand how to set a doctype.
> But what about other settings, like converting quotes to entities.
> Not that I need it so much, but I am just curious, why this doesn't work
> through
> jtidy-config. I just want to know if that's me doing something wrong, or
> maybe this is some JTidy/Cocoon bug?

Don't know. You may put a LogTransformer between the generator and
the serializer to see, what the HTMLGenerator is really
producing. I think, you must extend a serializer to replace
certain unicode characters with entities, since a transformer could
forward the entities only, if it implements LexicalHandler, which is
optional.

There was some talk about a TidySerializer at the dev list:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/10062

Martin