cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Collin VanDyck" <cvand...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.NullPointerException when initializing AbstractSAXSource
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 20:15:18 GMT
Sorry about the double post guys.  I had emailed from a different account and wasn't sure if
it would show up or not, so I resent using the account from which I had registered to the
list.

Collin

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Collin VanDyck
  To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 12:50 PM
  Subject: java.lang.NullPointerException when initializing AbstractSAXSource

  I've got a class that extends AbstractSAXSource.  My class's constructor is called with
the parameters:

  Environment
  ComponentManager
  Logger
  and others...

  The first time that this class is instantiated once the j2ee (Jboss) system has been started,
it runs fine.  No problem.

  However, subsequent calls to instantiate the AbstractSAXSource result in a java.lang.NullPointerException.
 The frustrating thing is that that is all the information.  It does not tell me what is null.
 I have checked each of the three parameters  before calling the super-constructor (super
== AbstractSAXSource), and all three parameters are not null.

  Is there any way for me to get more information out of this?  Wow, it's really frustrating.
 Has anyone here had problems like this?

  Unfortunately, I am an avalon/cocoon newbie, and  just inherited this application with little
documentation.  I would really appreciate any pointers you all could give me on how to resolve
this problem.

  thanks,
  Collin

  ----