cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Perry Molendijk" <xi...@iinet.net.au>
Subject Re: DTD Declaration in sitemap/serializers
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 01:12:11 GMT
BlankOK it's in the FAQs, sorry. But is there a way to generate an XML document that does add
a DTD Declaration?

Perry
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Perry Molendijk
  To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 12:06 PM
  Subject: DTD Declaration in sitemap/serializers

  I'm sure there is a sensible explanation for this but I can't find it. When I change:

  <map:serializer name="html" mime-type="text/html" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer"/>

  <map:serializer name="html" mime-type="text/html" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer">
    <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN</doctype-public>
    <doctype-system>http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd</doctype-system>
    <encoding>ISO-8859-1</encoding>
  </map:serializer>

  The resulting html output has the correct dtd declaration at the top of the file:

  <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

  Now when I try this with the xml serializer that doesn't happen e.g.

  <map:serializer mime-type="text/xml" name="xml" src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer">
    <doctype-public>-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN</doctype-public>
    <doctype-system>http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd</doctype-system>
  </map:serializer>

  I would like to see this:

  <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
                 "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd">

  I noticed the same behaviour with the "svgxml" serializer which leads me to believe that
this is a feature of the XMLSerializer. Is there a way to generate XML output with a DTD declaration
in it?

  Bye

  Perry Molendijk