cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ray Martin" <raymar...@aci-hq.com>
Subject RE: problem in writing Actions
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:22:16 GMT
Ant is a great thing.  However, Ant is not an absolute 'must' to be able to
build actions.  There are four steps.  1) From your JAVA package directory
structure, run JAVAC on the action file(s).
2) Copy the resultant class(es) to the appropriate place.
3) Run JAR.
4) Copy the resultant jar file to the the cocoon/WEB-INF/lib directory.

Maybe this is actually a fifth step - stop and restart your web server,
hopefully Tomcat.

And yes, Ant can do those four steps very nicely for you - saving you the
annoyance.

Ray
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Sternath Elmar [mailto:elmar.sternath@siemens.com]
  Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 5:34 AM
  To: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
  Subject: AW: problem in writing Actions

  Hi Anna,

  the .java file has to be compiled into a class file. Cocoon then accesses
the class file to execute the desired functionality. For compilation, you
need an appropriate tool, for instance ant. I would recommend to get
familiar with ant. Ant provides functionality to compile .java files into
.class files, pack them into .jar libraries and deploy them into the target
directory of cocoon.

  Regards,
  Elmar
  -----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----