cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Conal Tuohy" <con...@paradise.net.nz>
Subject RE: Including static images into SVG files
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 21:06:38 GMT
Can you capture the name and port of the localhost from the "host" request
parameter, and pass it to the stylesheet?

-----Original Message-----
From: Derek Hohls [mailto:DHohls@csir.co.za]
Sent: Tuesday, 3 December 2002 00:21
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Including static images into SVG files

Thanks for this suggestion.

I think its a "toss up" as to where this info comes from or is stored.

I am not sure I prefer using the sitemap to do this as it:
(a) makes the sitemap more complex and
(b) means I have to maintain two different versions
   (development / production)

whereas a single "included" stylesheet is a relatively simple
approach.

Of course, everyone has their own taste and preferences!

>>> uv@upaya.co.uk 02/12/2002 01:15:31 >>>
My approach is to pass the path from the sitemap to the XSL stylesheet that
produces
the SVG as a parameter. The advantage of that is to keep all references to
filesystems
in the sitemap, rather than in stylesheets. Also, make full use of localhost
where
appropriate.

Hope this helps, Upayavira