cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Stephan Michels <step...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Slide with Cocoon 2
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 13:16:51 GMT

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> On Thursday, Oct 31, 2002, at 13:42 Europe/London, Stephan Michels
> wrote:
>
> >> 'Off the Shelf' slide.xconf is set up to use the FileContentStore to
> >> store content in $CATALINA_HOME/contentstore (as I understand it), but
> >> I never see any files or folders there ..... then when I restart
> >> TomCat, log back into cocoon/samples/slide an I have nothing in the
> >> repository. :-}
> >
> > Thats the problem of the MemoryDescriptorsStore, it holds the
> > information
> > in the memory, and it's gone then you shutdown tomcat.
> >
> > So you uncomment the XMLDescriptorStore and change the scope, which I
> > currently use.
> >

> I fixed the request-param in line 159 of slide/sitemap.xmap
>
> I am using this configuration (in slide.xconf):
>
> <description>
> 	<store name="xml">
> 		<nodestore classname="slidestore.file.XMLFileDescriptorsStore">
> 			<parameter name="rootpath">
> 				/Users/jermq/Library/TomCat/slide
> 			</parameter>
> 		</nodestore>
> 		<securitystore>
> 			<reference store="nodestore" />
> 		</securitystore>
> 		<lockstore>
> 			<reference store="nodestore" />
> 		</lockstore>
> 		<revisiondescriptorsstore>
> 			<reference store="nodestore" />
> 		</revisiondescriptorsstore>
> 		<revisiondescriptorstore>
> 			<reference store="nodestore" />
> 		</revisiondescriptorstore>
> 		<contentstore classname="slidestore.reference.FileContentStore">
> 			<parameter name="rootpath">
> 				/Users/jermq/Library/TomCat/slide
> 			</parameter>
> 			<parameter name="version">true</parameter>
> 			<parameter name="resetBeforeStarting">true</parameter>
> 		</contentstore>
> 	</store>
> 	<scope match="/" store="xml" />
> </definition>
>
> When I attempt to login, I now get this exception:
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at org.apache.cocoon.xml.dom.DOMBuilder.getDocument(DOMBuilder.java:178)
> at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.source.SourceUtil.toDOM(SourceUtil.java:172
> )
> at
> org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.components.AuthenticationManage
> r.authenticate(AuthenticationManager.java:458)
> at
> org.apache.cocoon.webapps.authentication.acting.LoginAction.act(LoginAct
> ion.java:130)
>
> etc.
>
> Any idea what I am still doing wrong?

Olivier Billard had a similar problem yesterday, the reason was that
he forget to install the jta lib into lib/local

If that doesn't solve the problem, try to remove the attribute
'internal-only="true"' and
retrieve the page
/cocoon/samples/slide/authenticate?password=root&name=root

It seems that you have a problem to get a the document
for authentication.

> What does the 'resetBeforeStarting' parameter mean? I assume it resets
> locks etc. on restart, or is it something more than this?

'resetBeforeStarting' means throw all documents and descriptors
over board before start.

Stephan.