cocoon-users mailing list archives

From jakob.dalsga...@neupart.dk
Subject Re: No more DTM IDs are available
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 15:39:24 GMT
Or you can deploy cocoon with servlet 2.3 class loading instead of java 2
classloading.

Java 2 class loading: ask your parent classloader for your class before
trying to find it yourself.
Servlet 2.3 class loading: see if the class is in the webapp, then in ear
scope (if present), then ask container/parent classloader.

With Java 2 classloading you end up getting the JDK 1.4 Xalan - or your
container Xalan - with servlet 2.3 class loading you get the Xalan
supplied with Cocoon; which I think is preferable.

I might be wrong on these class loading issues.

I am deploying cocoon in the Jetty web container (whithin JBoss) and Jetty
has a switch called Java2ClassLoading (I think) that I flip to get servlet
2.3 class loading; and if I remember correctly I flipped an
"initi-classloader" switch in Cocoon as well. It must be possible in
Tomcat to get this behaviour, though I know nothing of it.

Jakob Dalsgaard
Udvikler
e-mail:   jakob.dalsgaard@neupart.dk
Vesterbrogade 149