cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Reyes" <seyer_drah...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon Portal - User Roles
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:52:51 GMT

Hi Matthew / Guys,

Just want to confirm some things....

Since the the "new role" function in the portal sample is mapped to <new-role uri="cocoon:raw:/sunrise-newrole"/>
uri, it is using this sitemap snippet right?

        <map:match pattern="sunrise*">
            <map:generate src="resources/sunrise{1}.xml"/>
            <map:transform type="session"/>
            <map:transform type="cinclude"/>
            <map:transform type="write-source"/>
            <map:transform src="styles/portal.xsl"/>
            <map:serialize type="xml"/>
        </map:match>

and the documentations says that

The new-role resource creates a new role in the system. It gets the parameters "type" with
the value "role" and "role" with the new rolename.

Where is the "type" and "role" parameter?
and why does it have to serialized in an xml type in the end?

Also, for the sunrise-newrole resource, the only thing this pipeline does is save a new role
in the xml file ( sunrise-roles.xml )? whose responsible for displaying the next page after
saving the new role?

And since this sitemap snippet is called inside a map:pipeline internal only clause I think
it is being called by the portal generator or action.

If in case I'd used custom actions over this pipeline, How would I know the parameters that

have been passed and are being expected by the caller of this pipeline?

Thanks a lot
Richard