cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Reyes" <seyer_drah...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon Portal - User Roles
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:36:19 GMT
Hi Matthew / Guys,

I have been able to replace the addrole and load role functions into an
Action.

Will I have a problem if i didn't serialize any xml? ( see sitemap below )
          <map:match pattern="sunrise-newrole">
              <map:act type="SaveRole">
                  <map:parameter name="descriptor" value="context://myportal/descriptor/vxs_employees-dx.xml"/>
                  <map:parameter name="use-request-parameters" value="true" />
                  <map:generate  type="serverpages" src="xsp/saverole.xsp"/>
                  <map:serialize type="xml" />
              </map:act>
          </map:match>

If I create an action for the delrole function, how can I delete the generated roleprofile-xxx.xml
file? or i cannot delete it and have to dele it manually?

Thanks Again.
Richard

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard Reyes
  To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 3:04 PM
  Subject: Re: Cocoon Portal - User Roles

  Hi Matthew,

  If I understand it right, I have to change the sunrise-newrole.xml into something that the
sql transformer would understand and remove the cinclude and writesource transformer on the
pipeline?

  In this case...

  Whats the advantage of using transformer than an action?

  In the end of this map:match pattern it is returning an xml like this...

   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
      - <!--  $Id: sunrise-newrole.xml,v 1.1 2002/06/03 11:45:54 cziegeler Exp $  Description:
Add a new role -->
      - <addrole xmlns:source="http://apache.org/cocoon/source/1.0" xmlns:session="http://cocoon.apache.org/session/1.0">
      - <sourceResult>
        <execution>success</execution>
        <message>content inserted at: roles</message>
        <behaviour>insert</behaviour>
        <action>overwritten</action>
        <source>file:/C:/ApacheGroup/Tomcat4.1/webapps/cocoon/myportal/resources/sunrise-roles.xml</source>

        <serializer>xml</serializer>
        </sourceResult>
        </addrole>
  If I'd use an action, do I have to serialized these kinds of xml?

  And can you tell me where the sunrise-newrole resource is being called and returned to?

  Thanks again.
  Richard