cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Senhaji" <osenh...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject RE: Authentication Resource
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 21:43:55 GMT
I get it. You should use request.getParameter("user") rather than
parameters.getParameter("user") in your XSP server page to access the user
information.

Below the XSP code that works

<xsp:page language="java"
          xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
	      xmlns:log="http://apache.org/xsp/log/2.0"
	      xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0">

<xsp:structure>

<xsp:include>org.apache.avalon.framework.parameters.ParameterException</xsp:
include>
</xsp:structure>

<xsp:logic>

	private  String getUserName ()  {
		try {
			return request.getParameter("myName");
		}catch (ParameterException pe) {
			return "xxxxx" ;
		}
	}

	private  String getPassword ()  {
		try {
			return request.getParameter("myPass");
		}catch (ParameterException pe) {
			return "xxxxx" ;
		}
	}

</xsp:logic>

  <page>
   <log:debug>Processing the beginning of the authentication page
</log:debug>

   <content>

   	<esql:connection>
     <esql:pool>portal</esql:pool>
     <esql:execute-query>

       <esql:query>
       	SELECT id,password,color from PORTALUSER_TABLE where id =
'<xsp:expr>getUserName()</xsp:expr>' and password =
'<xsp:expr>getPassword()</xsp:expr>'
       </esql:query>

       <esql:results>
         <esql:row-results>
           <authentication>
           		<ID>
           			<esql:get-string column="id"/>
           		</ID>
           		<color>
           			<esql:get-string column="color"/>
           		</color>
           		<userName>
           		    <xsp:logic>
       			getLogger().debug("UserName::" + getUserName() + " password::" +
getPassword());
				    </xsp:logic>
           		</userName>
           	</authentication>
         </esql:row-results>
       </esql:results>

     </esql:execute-query>
   	</esql:connection>

   </content>
	<log:debug>Processing the end of the page</log:debug>
  </page>
</xsp:page>

Enjoy

Senhaji