cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Cocoon Portal - User Roles
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:16:23 GMT

Since the the "new role" function in the portal sample is mapped to
<new-role uri="cocoon:raw:/sunrise-newrole"/> uri, it is using this sitemap
snippet right?

        <map:match pattern="sunrise*">
            <map:generate src="resources/sunrise{1}.xml"/>
            <map:transform type="session"/>
            <map:transform type="cinclude"/>
            <map:transform type="write-source"/>
            <map:transform src="styles/portal.xsl"/>
            <map:serialize type="xml"/>
        </map:match>

and the documentations says that

The new-role resource creates a new role in the system. It gets the
parameters "type" with the value "role" and "role" with the new rolename.

Where is the "type" and "role" parameter?
and why does it have to serialized in an xml type in the end?
<<

You need to take a look at the file sunrise-newrole.xml. That file contains
most of the dirty work. The transformers session, cinclude and writesource
act on the information contained in there. Because sunrise-newrole.xml also
flows through the pipeline it is then formatted by the stylesheet and
returned to the browser. It is serialized to xml because it is being used
inside the portal (in this case).

If you wanted to write this to a database you would need to change the
sunrise-newrole.xml and use the sqltransformer instead of cinclude and
write-source. In all this should take you around 5 minutes or less to adapt.
:-)

So it really is quite simple really.

Matthew
--
Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de

  Since the the "new role" function in the portal sample is mapped to
<new-role uri="cocoon:raw:/sunrise-newrole"/> uri, it is using this sitemap
snippet right?

          <map:match pattern="sunrise*">
              <map:generate src="resources/sunrise{1}.xml"/>
              <map:transform type="session"/>
              <map:transform type="cinclude"/>
              <map:transform type="write-source"/>
              <map:transform src="styles/portal.xsl"/>
              <map:serialize type="xml"/>
          </map:match>

  and the documentations says that

  The new-role resource creates a new role in the system. It gets the
parameters "type" with the value "role" and "role" with the new rolename.

  Where is the "type" and "role" parameter?
  and why does it have to serialized in an xml type in the end?

  Also, for the sunrise-newrole resource, the only thing this pipeline does
is save a new role in the xml file ( sunrise-roles.xml )? whose responsible
for displaying the next page after saving the new role?

  And since this sitemap snippet is called inside a map:pipeline internal
only clause I think it is being called by the portal generator or action.

  If in case I'd used custom actions over this pipeline, How would I know
the parameters that
  have been passed and are being expected by the caller of this pipeline?

  Thanks a lot
  Richard