cocoon-users mailing list archives

From robert_hitch...@cargill.com
Subject RE: simpel cocoon question
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 13:32:24 GMT
Kasper,

I'm kinda new at this too, but I believe you can do that easily with
xslt...just define two components and stylesheets in your
pipeline...one to include the first xml file and one to include the
second one.

There may be a faster/easier way to do this ;-)

Bob Hitchins

-----Original Message-----
From: news@kav.dk [mailto:news@kav.dk]
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 8:27 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: simpel cocoon question

Just started using Cocoon and I have a rather simple question:

Lets say i have a document with all my data (projects.xml)
<projects>
    <project id="A1">
        <name> RailwayTrack DF</name>
        <responsible> kni </responsible>
        <economy_actual>123</economy_actual>
        <economy_estimate>456</economy_estimate>
        <schedule_estimate>789</economy_estimate>
    </project>
    <project id="B4">
        <name> Digital Transmission </name>
        <responsible> pjc </responsible>
        <economy_actual>987</economy_actual>
        <economy_estimate>654</economy_estimate>
        <schedule_estimate>321</economy_estimate>
    </project>
</projects>

And i also have a definition of some views of the data (views.xml)

<views>
    <view name="estimate">
        <columns>
            <measure name="schedule_estimate"/>
            <measure name="economy_estimate"/>
        </columns>
    </view>
    <view name="overview">
        <columns>
            <measure name="name"/>
            <measure name="responsible"/>
        </columns>
    </view>
</views>

Now I want to given the name of the view, lets say "estimate" to
combine it
into another xml document, that is extract only the data mentioned in
the
view, in this case it would be the "schedule_estimate" column and the
"economy_estimate" column
The resulting document should look something like this
    <columndefs>
        <columndef>
            <column-name>schedule_estimate</column-name>
        </columndef>
        <columndef>
            <column-name>economy_estimate</column-name>
        </columndef>
    </columndefs>
    <tabledata>
        <row>
            <entry>456</entry>
            <entry>789</entry>
        </row>
        <row>
            <entry>654</entry>
            <entry>321</entry>
        </row>
    </tabledata>

Can I "merge" 2 documents in that way with xslt?
Or do I need a custom transformer?

regards
  Kasper Nielsen