cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Jewell" <gjew...@cnnxn.com>
Subject FW: Cocoon 1.8.2 and Tomcat 4.1.12
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 22:23:36 GMT
Joerg,

I don't see any direct references to my D: drive, but thanks for explaining what the error
means.  Is there someplace specific I should be looking other than Tomcat's server.xml or
Cocoon's web.xml or cocoon.properties?

Thanks again,
Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Joerg Heinicke [mailto:joerg.heinicke@gmx.de]
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 10:39 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cocoon 1.8.2 and Tomcat 4.1.12

Hello Greg,

is there anyway written a reference to a file on drive D:\? There must
be written file://D:/... instead.

Regards,

Joerg

Greg Jewell wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to get Cocoon 1.8.2 up and running under Tomcat 4.1.12.  I've made significant
progress, but am encountering an error that I don't understand.

> In order to get this far, I've had to configure Cocoon to use the SunXMLParser rather
than Xerces.  (The versions of Xerces found in Cocoon 1.8.2 and Tomcat 4.1.12 appear to be
incompatible with each other.)

> I can load cocoon/Cocoon.xml without problems.  When I try to open cocoon/samples/index.xml,
though, I get the following error:
> java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: d
>
> I've placed all the cocoon jar files in webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib, and copied the cocoon
samples directory to webapps/cocoon/samples.  I've also updated the version of Utils.java
that is distributed with cocoon 1.8.2 to the version found in the current development snapshot.