cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Jewell" <gjew...@cnnxn.com>
Subject Installing cocoon in Tomcat 4.1.12
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 15:26:16 GMT
Hi All,
I'm attempting to install cocoon 1.8 into Tomcat 4.1.12. I've made pretty good progress so
far, but have encountered a problem that I haven't been able to get around.
Whenever I attempt to access the page http://<server:port>/cocoon/Cocoon.xml, I receive
an error stating that cocoon is unable to load the resource cocoon.properties, and throws
a NullPointerException.
I've modified <tomcat-home>/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/web.xml to point to ./cocoon.properties
in order to get this error. If I use the suggested value of WEB-INF/cocoon.properties, cocoon
is still unable to load the resource, but throws a FileNotFoundException.
I found a post by Caroline Iux dated 24 Sept 2001 that had the same issue with WebSphere.
Her solution, unfortunately, did not work for me.

Thanks a lot,
Greg Jewell