cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Justin Fagnani-Bell <jus...@paraliansoftware.com>
Subject Re: Caching results of SQL Queries?
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 17:43:35 GMT
Jeremy,

   If you're doing the SQL queries in a custom component (generator,
transformer) you can use Cocoon's caching system. Have you class
implement Cachable, and in the generateValidity() method you can return
an object with the last modification date of the database.

see :
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/caching.html

and the API docs for Cachable and CacheValidity.

-Justin