cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "McNeil, Shane" <Shane.McN...@standards.com.au>
Subject bad class file exception
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 00:53:35 GMT
Hi,

I am attempting to call a custom Java API from an XSP document as follows
(simplified)...

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <xsp:page language="java" xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp">
        <xsp:structure>
            <xsp:include>SIM.Zapi.*</xsp:include>
        </xsp:structure>
        <xsp:logic>
    public String getSimDoc()
    {
        ZAssociation za  = new ZAssociation("localhost:7810");
        return "OK";
    }
        </xsp:logic>
        <document>
            <xsp:expr>getSimDoc()</xsp:expr>
        </document>
    </xsp:page>

Can anyone tell me why I am getting the following error...

    Language Exception

    More precisely:

    org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
getsimdoc_xsp:
    Line 66, column 4: cannot access class ZAssociation; bad class file
(java.lang.RuntimeException: class file: SIM.Zapi.ZAssociation contains
wrong class: SIM.ZApi.ZAssociation)
    Line 66, column 27: constructor ZAssociation(java.lang.String) not found
in class SIM.Zapi.ZAssociation
    Line 0, column 0:
    2 errors

I can call the API from a standard Java application successfully.

Regards,

Shane McNeil

Analyst Programmer
Corporate Document Technologies