cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Have I got any other option than to...?
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 18:28:15 GMT
The ability to do this is not built-in currently, regardless of what it
implies in the documentation.

The patch to add your own fields is very simple, we are discussing
adding this ATM on the dev list.

Just incase you are in too much of a hurry .... I have added 'title'
and 'summary' fields to my index with the following patch
(cocoon-2.1-dev):

RCS file:
/home/cvs/xml-cocoon2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/search/
LuceneIndexContentHandler.java,v
retrieving revision 1.5
diff -r1.5 LuceneIndexContentHandler.java
198c198,205
<             bodyDocument.add(Field.UnStored(lname, text.toString()));
---
 >               if (lname.equals("title")) {
 >                       bodyDocument.add(Field.UnIndexed(lname,
text.toString()));
 >               }
 >               if (lname.equals("summary")) {
 >                       bodyDocument.add(Field.UnIndexed(lname,
text.toString()));
 >               }
 >               // add the title/summary to both, so content is indexed
 >               bodyDocument.add(Field.UnStored(lname,
text.toString()));

What I do is to have a special xslt on my 'content-view' which strips
out everything I do not want searched, and decides what to make a
'title' and what a 'summary'.

The patch adds _every_ <title/> or <summary/> it finds to the index.

Hope this helps

regards Jeremy