cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Caching results of SQL Queries?
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:37:26 GMT
Dear All,

I have a set of related Tables in MySQL, which are used to build part
of a site I am working on.

We use SQL because of the related nature of the data, rather than any
great need for dynamics.

My SQL queries are broken down into 'components' which are CIncluded
into my documents from internal pipelines. Usually there are several
components that use SQL queries in each document. (It is done this way
to isolate the implementation of components from their useage as well
as from the main sitemap).

The data seldom changes ..... is there any way I can force the internal
pipelines to cache, without using the tricks like browser caching via
the 'expires' header on the external pipeline?

Thanks for any suggestions.

regards Jeremy