cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Don't decode (or transform) my entities!
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 22:49:39 GMT
Hello Sanne,

you have no influence how the output is serialized, but that's no
problem in general. &eacute; is only another representation of the
relating number reference. It should be serialized to &#xe9; or &#233;
The advantage of a number reference is the independence on any DTD. So
the number reference is to prefer I think - somebody can correct me
here. If the encoding supports the character directly (like UTF-8) it's
also allowed to write é directly (so not using any reference).

What exactly problem do you have with it? For general questions you can
also read at http://www.unicode.org/.

Joerg